Gateway to Adventure is designed for adults (18 and older) who :
- Have a developmental disability, brain injury, or other form of cognitive disability
- Are able to adapt to new environmental conditions
- Engage in socially appropriate conversations and behaviors with others (independently or with guidance from a PCA or trip staff)
- Are able to complete personal care needs – independently or with reminders or assistance from a PCA or trip staff
- Possess a level of curiosity about the world and other people
Gateway to Adventure provides support so that participants enhance and develop the skills needed to more fully participate in everyday life.